COLLECTOR’S FORUM OFFERS INSIDE LOOK AT THE ART WORLD
The fine art world can be challenging to understand and navigate. Matthews Gallery is pleased to present COLLECTOR'S FORUM, a free series taking place on Friday, April 17 at 5:00 PM in connection with the Santa Fe Gallery Association's ART MATTERS: Curated event series. The workshop is for anyone who’s ever considered buying, selling or caring for fine art and has questions about the inner workings of the art world.
Forum participants will get an in-depth look at every step of the process from one of Santa Fe’s top galleries, along with insights from special guest Matt Horowitz, head of conservation at Goldleaf Framemakers.
The topics covered will include:
•The value of art - how the price of artwork is determined.
• How the primary art market differs from the secondary market.
• The importance of provenance.
• When should conservation be considered for an artwork and what is involved.
• How to insure your artwork - how much is enough?
• How to receive an accurate art appraisal.
• How to negotiate the purchase of art - the do’s and don’ts.
• What are the best strategies when buying or selling art at auction
Collector’s Forum Workshop
Friday, April 17, 5:00-6:30 pm
Lawrence Matthews will take visitors through the process of buying, selling and caring for artwork, with additional insights from participating forum members.
The Collector’s Forum Workshop has limited seating. To reserve a seat, interested parties are invited to call the gallery at 505-992-2882 or send us an email.Source Link: More information